Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ruby and Roscoe Finished


Here is the finished portrait of Ruby and Roscoe, which I delivered to my brother on Sunday. He and his wife were quite pleased, I am happy to say.


I enjoyed displaying and doing a demo in Roscoe village on Saturday -- there is supposed to be a blog post at some point on the Historic Roscoe Village site about me being there, I will provide a link if this materalizes. Crowds were reported to be low because of the Ohio State University football game that day. I did make some nice connections with shopkeepers and encouragement to return during the Apple Butter Festival in October. I also had several promises from viewers to be in touch about a commission.

Two of my pieces are currently appearing in an Animal Picture Show at the Ultrecht art supply store in Columbus.

Three of my pieces have been accepted at the Bryn Du Colors of Joy Art Show in Granville, Ohio. The opening is September 30, 2009.
Hope you all had a great weekend. I rested some yesterday. I plan to write a post about style later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Once again great eyes and so much personality. No wonder they were "quite pleased." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mona. I really enjoyed working on this one and I enjoyed the 16 by 20 size, now what I not so long ago considered large, 11x14, seems average sized.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin