Thursday, October 14, 2010

Off to Festival Today, Hawk finished - Demo started


I finished the hawk, this is not the best photo, but best I could do this morning before I frame it to take with me to the Roscoe Apple Butter Stirrin Festival.  I am a little more behind than I had planned to be.  I made a kitty rehoming run into the city yesterday that I did not plan.  I have had so many no shows for people saying they were coming out to look at them, that I thought it was best to jump on it.  I am fretting over him though and will be calling the new home later this morning to see how things are going.  I have offered to take any back if not what they expected/having problems adjusting. 

My set up is not until 4:00 P.M., but have a lot to do before then and plan to leave about 2:00 P.M.  I wanted to work a little more on my demo that I started Tuesday, yesterday, but did not get the chance.  I am supposed to post demo times scheduled four times a day for the three days of the festival.  I like to do the experimental backgrounds I am starting to do with mineral spirits along with the colored pencil on my own -- I may not get that chance today with backing and organizing.  Will be scary to do that kind of thing in front of people, might chicken out, will see.  Anyway, here is the sketch of the demo.  I had some photos of longhorns I took this summer.  I spent hours sorting through them and messing with what composition to choose.  My sketch is a little looser than some I do before transfer, but feel o.k. with that (except for adding the background, which I plan to ad lib a bit).  It is 18x24, and as long as I don't mess it up, it will keep me busy the three days.


The set-up is until 8:00 P.M., but it will be dark by 7:30 -- so probably have to get up early tomorrow to finish up to be open by 9:30.  The show runs 10 to 6 on Friday and Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday.  The participants were asked to be ready by 9:30 though when tourist bus sometimes arrive.  I still have to work on my early 1800's garb, do barn chores, and pack.  Wish me luck and thanks for checking in!  I will post pictures of the show when I return, Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I wish you luck Angela :o)

    I know just what you mean about backgrounds ... I've recently started using solvents with cps and it can be a little scary at times!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning piece of art!
    it really is beautiful!
    good luck with the show too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did chicken out on using the solvents at the festival, Sue. Did use the heat from the sun alittle for some effects though.

    Thanks alot, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin