Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Longhorn Update

"Home on the Range"
18x24
colored pencil on panel

In between alot of yard work and cleaning the garage, I got to work on this some.  I entered it in the The Artist's Magazine online all media competition which had a deadline of November 1st.  Unfortunately it was getting dusky when I stopped to take a photograph of it on November first.  I seem to have lost some color and contrast.  I have darker contrastas and some reflected greens that don't show up.  I also would like to do more to it now also.  Debating what to do since I also want to get things professionally photographed yet this month in preparation for entering some of next year's art fairs.  One deadline is this month.  Hard to not touch it until the end of December.

I do have a two portrait commission for Christmas to work on as well as a this year's Christmas card, yet.  I guess I could not work on it and leave it out of my near art fair applications --- decisions, decisions.  Should have worked more on it so not up against the deadline for the competition.

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin