Saturday, January 9, 2010

Catching Up


Pony at Winter Pasture, 9x12, oil pastel on grey Mi Tentes

Posting an old one of one of my POA ponies (Pony of the Americas) that fits the season. She looks alot like Buddy, my old man Appaloosa, but she has smaller spots and is a lot smaller, 12.1 hands, with a beaautifully refined head and large eye.

I have been working like mad on my poster, deadline this Friday. Interrupted with training for a job as a tax preparer and getting dressed up like an astronaut to go out about four times a day to do the barn chores. Has been in the teens or lower for several weeks, really tiring.

I will try to post a WIP of the poster on Monday -- my next day with a chunk of time at home. I do hope to get it finshed or 98% on that day as I will be getting a work schedule on Monday that will probably include some working next week, too.

Hope you are all well and warm. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I was going to say 'haven't I seen this pony before' but you you explained it. She is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fond of this piece. Very tanquil.

    Good on You for taking the classes on taxes. I'm looking forward to seeing your poster. I really liked the look of it so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This drawing/painting is beautiful. I wish I could draw like that with oil pastels. You have a wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks alot Linda. What a nice comment. For this piece, I did spend alot of time working up the initial drawing in 2B pencil before transfering it and starting the oil pastel.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin